The modern sedentary lifestyles have led to a decline in the health of masses. They are consistently being caught in the grip of one or other ailment which has taken a toll on their health. One issue that people today are facing is back pain due to which the number of visits to the doctors and physicians has increased and so is the intake of medicines.
Causes of back pain
There are many factors responsible for back pain among people.
- The individuals have sitting jobs these days that make them sit stiff leading to no movement of their body.
- There is a lack of physical workout and exercises that again stretch their muscles of the back and disturbs their flexibility.
- Stress is also a major contributor to the back pain which causes people to sleep for less number of hours.
- Deficiency of essential and vital nutrients from the body due to the intake of improper and unhealthy diet.
- Aging as old people’s muscles and bones become weak with time.
What habits should they adopt in their routine life to get relieved of the back pain?
- Planting feet to the ground: the major mistake that people do while doing any sitting work is that their feet are not resting on the ground completely and lack total contact with the ground. This exerts pressure on their back as their posture is disturbed and the pressure that should rest on feet is laid back on the backbone of the individuals.
- Sleeping properly: the sleeping position can affect the back pain a lot. It is the best to sleep on back keeping the legs open a bit. While sleeping on the side, a pillow should be inserted between legs to support the back.
- Positioning the computer: as the majority of people today are working on the computer, its position must be right. The computer screen should be placed such that it is right in front of the eyes and the individual does not have to bend his back for working on the computer.
All in all, back pain is not a major issue which needs any medication or treatment of any sort. It is best to check out for one’s postures and positions and improve them to get relief from the back pain.